Is God possibly calling you to work within the field of Catholic radio for the glory of his name? If so, check below for opportunities in member apostolates.
Some job postings might need Acrobat Adobe© loaded on your PC to view specific details and information. For a free copy of Acrobat Adobe Reader, left click on the logo below.
Baraga Radio Network
Baraga Radio Network is seeking an Executive Director at their offices in beautiful Traverse City, Michigan. The Executive Director will be responsible for the strategic, fundraising, programming, financial and management operations of the network. Baraga Radio Network is a non-profit 501(c)(3) Catholic radio ministry that owns and operates radio stations across northern Michigan. We broadcast Catholic programming that proclaims the Gospel and engenders a vibrant and expanding audience with a personal connection to Jesus Christ 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Baraga Radio Network operates Catholic radio stations that touch the lives of thousands of listeners every week in northern lower Michigan, and is funded by the generosity of those listeners.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of Baraga Radio Network, consisting of members that represent communities and parishes from across the listening area, the Executive Director has overall accountability for the leadership of Baraga Radio Network and the successful execution of its Mission and Vision. The Executive Director will be the leader in communicating Baraga Radio Network’s mission and programming objectives to internal and external constituencies, and will work collaboratively with the Board, staff and volunteers in raising funds, developing strategies and achieving performance standards.
Those applying for this position must meet these requirements: a bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field; a minimum of five years of leadership experience; have background in development and fundraising; and be a practicing Catholic who is registered and active in a parish. Radio experience is preferred but not required. Salary is commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive benefits package.
Please submit letter of interest, resume and references to: Executive Director Search Committee, Baraga Radio Network, 1020 Hastings Street, Suite 101, Traverse City, MI 49686. Visit www.thecatholiclight.com for more information about Baraga Radio Network, and http://livability.com/mi/traverse-city for information about the area.
RADIO PROGRAMMER HELP NEEDED:
Catholic Radio station in Oregon needs to hire a part time Radio
Programmer or receive some help and mentoring with radio programming.
We have a database ready to go from which to create program logs.
We are using Simian Pro and Natural Music 5 for automation.
Ideally, we are looking for a part time programmer to create the logs and
possibly mentor us to learn to do it ourselves in the future.
We are willing to use different automation software, if necessary.
Please send an email to Connie at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 541-660-4878.
Relevant Radio ®
Position Title: Production Associate – Sales
Reports to: Local Operations Manager / Chief Sales Officer
Function Summary: Represents the primary radio associate at the local station. Supports advertising spot
production elements for the sales team. Offers community involvement to carry out the mission of Relevant
The mission of Relevant Radio® is to assist the Church in the New Evangelization by providing relevant
programming through a media platform to help people bridge the gap between faith and everyday life. At
Relevant Radio we also encourage our staff to bridge that gap! It is our hope that our associates will identify
their potential, develop their talents and respond to the call to follow the Church. To accomplish this, Relevant
Radio provides opportunities to our associates that will educate and inspire.
• Solid understanding of the Relevant Radio mission, programming content and target audience.
• Adhere to Relevant Radio policies and procedures.
• Chief operator or back up operator for local stations. Ensure that the station is operating efficiently and
within the parameters of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requirements.
• Ensure assigned station is on the air at all licensed times.
• Overall facility/transmitter maintenance and upkeep; in conjunction with the engineering team.
• Production for the Relevant Radio network. Production and traffic management for commercial and
community advertisements. Track spots for client billing as needed.
• Assemble and post local station logs.
• Manage and maintain the Public File.
• On-air voice work for the local station and the Relevant Radio network.
• Cognizant of IRS Rulings for non-profit.
• Participate in events that promote Relevant Radio and build listenership within the Catholic community.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with the local Diocese, Catholic priests, religious,
Catholic schools, Catholic fraternal organizations and Catholic lay organizations for the purpose of
promoting Relevant Radio, acquiring listeners and assisting other Catholic ministries.
• Office administration. Attend to the clerical needs of the office and the requests of the local listenership.
• Perform a variety of other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
• Catholic. Active faith life in accord with teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Associate Degree and/or Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcasting/Communication or related field.
• Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience in the radio industry preferred.
• Professional and versatile vocal quality, style and delivery preferred.
• Knowledge of Catholic terminology and possess the ability to enunciate Catholic terminology and local
• Ability to operate transmitter and other broadcast equipment to include digital automation systems and
• Working knowledge of computer operations including Microsoft Windows, Internet Explorer and industry standard
audio editing equipment and software.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and on-air presentation skills. Comfortable speaking to a live
audience. Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong planning, organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to speak, read, and write English.
• Work flexible hours. Some evening and weekend hours required.
• Valid driver’s license required. Ability and willingness to travel.
• Position located in the community served.
Submit Resumes to:
Relevant Radio ®
Valerie M. Mlnarik
Office Phone: 608-833-7888
Catholic Radio Association members, click here to
post your employment opportunities on our website.