The Catholic Radio Association offers its members several vital products and services that aid in all aspects of radio station operation:
- Simian Automation Training– The 2015 annual Catholic Radio Symposium included an optional Simian Class for those just getting started with Simian Automation software and those wishing to learn more about Simian’s features. Highlights of this class led by Friar Augustine are now available. Contact us for a free copy of the DVD. For more information, view a preview of Friar Augustine leading this training session.
- Station acquisition assistance – At the member’s request, the Association will help members to locate, evaluate and negotiate a station in their market. The Association has contacts developed with multiple radio station brokers to quickly find stations that are for sale and can also members to locate and negotiate a station acquisition directly with the owner.
- Special events – The Association hosts the annual Catholic Radio Symposium each year to provide members with the most up-to-date information and guidance available on operations and programming. See you in June of 2016 in St. Louis.
- Information exchange/Resource sharing – The Association hosts the Catholic Radio Association group on Linkedin where members can ask questions and share pertinent news and ideas relevant to Catholic broadcasting.
- Regulatory – The Association advocates on behalf of Catholic radio before the Federal Communications Commission, music licensing organizations and the Copyright Royalty Board and the Congress in order to help ensure the rights of Catholic broadcasters are not overlooked and so laws are enacted which benefit the use of radio as an effective instrument of evangelization.
- Engineering/technical – The Association provides AM and FM engineering services to evaluate stations for purchase, apply for new stations and upgrade existing ones. The CRA will provide cursory evaluation of population coverage to its members for free. Detailed coverage or Longley-Rice maps are $50 each. The cost to apply for new FM stations and modify existing ones is dependent upon the FM service desired, i.e., LPFM, NCE FM or commercial. Contact us for details.
- Legal – The Association has developed relationships with three attorneys practiced in FCC law and contractual work who offer their services to the members at significantly reduced rates.
- Financing – The Association has developed a capital loan program available to established Catholic radio apostolates. Proceeds can be used for capital purchases or debt consolidation. Three years of audited financials are required. For more information contact Steve Gajdosik.
- Purchasing– The Association has developed discount purchase plans for members on a wide variety of needed services and equipment:
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union, headquartered in Notre Dame, Indiana, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that holds the same values and beliefs as you do. Our nationwide mission of service is rooted in empowering members with tools that enrich their lives and the lives of their families. As a national financial institution that serves members in all 50 states and throughout the world, Notre Dame FCU’s financial services provide members with a personalized experience through its robust online banking platform and mobile app. Learn More about what Notre Dame FCU has to offer exclusively for CRA Members. Contact Judd McNally at (574)-400-4606 or Robert Kloska at (574) 400-4731 to learn more about our Catholic Radio Association Loan Program today.
- Gallagher Charitable, is pleased to announce a Catholic Radio Association Partnership. Gallagher & Co. has endeavored to develop and provide a comprehensive method for procurement and utilization of insurance products. The primary goal of this program is to ensure that the radio stations and operators are properly insured to carry out the mission in the most cost-effective manner. Gallagher & Co. will utilize the power of group purchasing to reduce your insurance costs and has provided detailed information on what types of coverage are available. This association-sponsored plan will allow members to access a single site to capture information needed for obtaining insurance quotes. Gallagher has carefully selected several insurance carriers who have the capability of meeting the unique needs of your stations. By selecting Gallagher Charitable as your insurance broker you can be assured that we have your best interest in mind. Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., is one of the largest insurance brokerage firms in the world. This allows access to top-notch insurance resources around the globe. To obtain a quote, simply complete and submit an Application . For more information about Catholic radio insurance products and coverage, contact Dana Crowl.
- Broadcast Software International (BSI) offers a 20% discount on all its proprietary software to Association members, including its cutting edge station automation system, Simian. In addition, it will extend a 10% discount on other software and hardware (excluding Adobe Audition). Discount must be requested at time of purchase.
- Propagation Systems, Inc. (PSI) offers a complete line of broadcast antennas and equipment. They manufacture both FM and TV broadcast antennas as well as equipment to fulfill analog, digital or IBOC requirements. PSI can help you with all your needs, whether you want to purchase an antenna or want the full turnkey package. PSI offers quality products, outstanding customer service along with a 20% discount to all Catholic Radio Association members. To take advantage of PSI products e-mail Paul Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 814-472-5540
- Shively Labs specializes in FM and we are dedicated in making each and every customer happy with the ending product. We can help with all your FM needs from low power directional systems to high power multiple frequency antennas, filters and combiners. We will offer all members of the Catholic Radio Association free pattern work and coverage maps before an order is placed. This will give you reassurance in the antenna system you will be purchasing. We also have special discounts; please contact Angela Gillespie at email@example.com or by calling (207) 647-3327.
- Calhoun Communications offers a 20% discount on all radio station consulting and engineering – along with all transmitter, studio and antenna installation for CRA members. Gerald (Cal) Calhoun is one of the founders of KFHC, Catholic radio for the Sioux City, IA diocese. Representatives may be reached by phone at 712-233-9051 to make your station a reality.
- Securenet Systems offers a 15% discount for CRA Members only, on any of our Radio Streaming plans. All plans come complete with two custom players; Live and On-demand, over a dozen custom features, a Free iPhone app and Free Android app, No Set up Fee, No Contracts and No Overage fees, plus you have an option of joining our Ad Delivery Network and share in the revenue. Securenet Systems offers 100% customer satisfaction. For more information on Securenet Systems Radio Streaming please contact: Gary Lee at 866-568-9402 ext 243 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bext Corporation supports the Catholic Radio Association and offers special promotional prices reserved to all current members. Call Bext today at 619-239-8462 to find out your special price on broadcast transmitters, antennas, combiners, filters and RF accessories. Discounts may vary depending on the category of equipment. All Bext products come with a two year warranty and 24 hour live technical support.
- Satellite Engineering Group supplies earth station equipment requirements to all Catholic Radio Network affiliates. Installation services are also available by SEG, so please let us know if you need assistance with installing this equipment. Please contact Harry Matthews of Satellite Engineering Group at 770-614-9174, email@example.com for full details on equipment and installation of your satellite antenna system requirements, as SEG provides all CRN affiliates with special CRN Discounts on the system.
To take advantage of these member services, please contact:
Catholic Radio Association
PO Box 172051
Spartanburg, SC 29301
Office: (864) 438-4801
Cell: (864) 764-4520